Application & Guidelines for Eligibility for Historic Landmark Sign
Sevierville significant properties tell important stories that have meaning for all Sevierville Residents, regardless of where they live.
A Sevierville significant property/area may:
- Be the location of an event that had a significant impact on Sevierville history overall.
- Be the property most strongly associated with a Sevierville significant figure in Sevier County and or Tennessee history.
- Provide an outstanding illustration of a broad theme or trend in Sevierville’s history overall.
- Be an outstanding example of an architectural style or significant development in engineering.
- Be part of a group collective properties that together form a historic district.
- Be a property that can provide nationally significant archeological information.
- To be eligible for a Historic Landmark Sign; a Structure/Building or an Event must have beenbuilt or an event continued for a minimum of 50 years.
Please be advised there is limited available space in the original Downtown Streetscapes area where signs may be place. If you are considering applying for a Historic Landmark Sign in the Streetscapes area, please refer to the map attached in the application.