The City of Sevierville is issuing a traffic alert for the downtown area effective Saturday, December 5.
Sevierville’s annual Christmas Parade is scheduled to start at 11:00 a.m., leaving from First Baptist Church onto northbound Forks of the River Parkway. Portions of the following roads will be temporarily closed at approximately 10:45 a.m. to facilitate the parade (NOTE: Court Avenue will close at 9:00 a.m.):
• South Honey Lane.
• Forks of the River Parkway northbound lanes between Honey Lane and Main Street.
• Main Street eastbound lanes between Forks of the River Parkway and Court Avenue. NOTE: After the start of the Christmas Parade all eastbound traffic will be prohibited from SR 66 to Court Avenue. Vehicles traveling southbound on SR 66 toward north US 411/Main Street/Dolly Parton Parkway should do so via SR 448/ North Parkway.
• Court Avenue between Main Street and the Parkway (beginning at 9:00 a.m.).
The parade route is as follows:
• First Baptist Church to Court Avenue to westbound Honey Lane.
• Right (north) onto Forks of the River Parkway.
• Right (east) onto Main Street.
• Right (south) onto Court Avenue, ending at the First Baptist Church.
The parade generally lasts approximately one hour. Motorists should consider avoiding this area from 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. as considerable delays may occur.