City of Sevierville - Logo

Work in the R-O-W Permit

Pursuant to the pdf City of Sevierville Municipal Code Title 16, Chapter 4 (763 KB) , utility providers and other companies wishing to perform work in public rights-of-way within the City of Sevierville must obtain a Construction within Right-of-Way Permit from the Public Works Department.  This process begins by applying online by choosing "Planning and Zoning" followed by the "Right of Way" application type. If you need help setting up an account, please call 1-866-957-3764. Once payment has been received, the Public Works Department will process the application and issue the permit.

Any work being performed on Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) Right-of-Way also requires a permit from TDOT. For more information on TDOT permitting, please contact the TDOT Region 1 Traffic Office at 865-594-2456.

Contact Us

To Submit Permit Applications:

For Information:

Jeff Carr, Field Inspector

310 Robert Henderson Road
Sevierville, TN 37862
Phone: 865.429.4567


Municipal Code Title 16 Chapter 4