NOTE: Please see 02-21-20 Media Release below for additional details.
The lane closures on the Parkway in the area of Bruce Street are continuing. Beginning tomorrow, March 10, contractors will shift the lane closures to allow work to progress. The traffic patterns listed in the February 21, 2020 media release will remain in effect, however motorists should exercise caution and adhere to signage regarding the lane shifts being implemented.
February 21, 2020 Media Release
As the Downtown Streetscape project moves forward, the City is issuing a traffic advisory for a small section of the Parkway at the intersection with Bruce Street. In order to complete water and sewer work, the following traffic plan will be in place beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, February 25. Weather and other conditions permitting, the work will be completed in three-four weeks.
Parkway, between Main Street and Joy Street:
• Northbound Parkway traffic will be reduced to two lanes through part of this area;
• All southbound Parkway lanes will be closed;
• No left turn will be permitted from westbound Main Street onto the Parkway;
• No thru traffic will be permitted from westbound Bruce Street onto the Parkway;
• Southbound traffic on Hwy. 448 approaching Main Street will not be permitted to continue southbound onto the Parkway. A detour will be in place, routing traffic west onto Main Street and then south onto Forks of the River Parkway. Southbound traffic on Hwy. 448 approaching Main Street will be permitted to turn east or west onto Main Street.
Motorists should expect delays in this area during heavy traffic periods and consider an alternate route. For additional information and updates on the Downtown Streetscape project, visit downtownstreetscape.com.