The following service and facility schedules for the City of Sevierville will be in effect in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
• The City Park Family Aquatic Center will be open normal operating hours.
• The Sevierville Golf Club will be open normal operating hours.
• The July 1 regular meeting of the Board of Mayor and Aldermen has been cancelled.
• Residential garbage collection scheduled for Thursday, July 4 will be collected on Friday, July 5. All garbage cans must be at curbside by 6:00 a.m. as trucks may run earlier than normal.
• Commercial dumpster collection scheduled for Thursday, July 4 will be collected on Wednesday, July 3.
• City Hall will be closed Thursday, July 4.
• The Community Center and Civic Center will be closed Thursday, July 4.
• Sevierville Convention Center administrative offices will be closed Thursday, July 4.
• The Police Department records office will be closed Thursday, July 4.
• Water Department administrative offices will be closed Thursday, July 4 (for emergency service, call 453-5522).
• Public Works Department administrative offices will be closed Thursday, July 4.
Due to wet weather, the Sevierville Public Works Department has rescheduled resurfacing work on portions of two area roads. The work will involve applying high friction surface treatment to curves and other road sections to increase pavement friction during both dry and wet conditions. The higher pavement friction helps motorists maintain better control and thus improves driver safety.
The Sevierville Public Works Department has scheduled repaving work on Eastgate Road beginning at 6 p.m. Sunday evening, June 23. Weather and other conditions permitting, the work should be complete by the end of the day Monday, June 24.
Traffic will be maintained however motorists should expect delays, especially during high traffic periods, and consider alternate routes. Single lane closures will occur as needed.
The Monday, July 1, 2019 meeting of the Sevierville Board of Mayor and Aldermen has been cancelled. The next BMA Meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Monday, July 15, 2019 at the Sevierville Civic Center.
The Sevierville Recreation Department will begin accepting youth baseball and softball registration and entry fees for the Smoky Mountain Youth Baseball Association’s (SMYBA) fall season on Monday, June 24. The season is scheduled to begin August 26 and end in mid-October.
The City of Sevierville Department of Parks and Recreation is accepting registration for two upcoming youth basketball clinics, one for boys and girls aged 9-11 years old, and the other for boys and girls aged12-14 years old. The 9-11 years old clinic will stress fundamentals and the 12-14 years old clinic will focus on skills and drills.
With the Fourth of July holiday approaching, the City of Sevierville would like to remind residents and visitors that shooting fireworks without a permit is not permitted within the City limits. This ordinance is in effect throughout the year.
Sevierville Fire Chief Matt Henderson and Police Chief Joe Manning say that while they want residents and visitors to enjoy the holiday, they hope it will be celebrated in a safe manner. They note that fireworks are banned in the City because of the potential dangers of personal injury and fires.
Bob Stahlke, Public Information Officer
300 Gary Wade Blvd.
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500