The moment you all have been waiting for is here!!!!
Due to the C-19 virus, things have changed, but we can do it!
• We must limit the number of people in the class to 10, as of now. Don’t panic keep reading….
• The back-pool door can’t be used. You must get your temperature checked when you come in the building each time.
• The Locker room will be open for changing only. No showers or lockers available.
• Class times: we are only having shallow water classes for the summer, but we will offer more classes to get you guys back in here!
CLASS TIMES/ Date starts June 1,2020 (June 15th class canceled).
Mon. and Wed.
• You need to call (453-5441) to sign up for the class your first time, the Attendant can explain how you sign up on your own. Don’t try to sign up on the computer because there is a problem with your account. The Attendant will need to fix your account, from our end. CALL TO SIGN UP YOUR FIRST TIME.
Do you like to swim laps, exercise, or just play in the water? Check out the 25-meter, six-lane pool in the Community Center! Swimming has proven to be very therapeutic for persons of all ages. Renovated in 2010, Blalock Natatorium is a great place to spend family or fitness time!
A great skill for all ages, swimming is a fun way to get in shape. All classes follow the American Red Cross curriculum and are offered throughout the year for children and adults at various levels. All instructors are certified Water Safety Instructors. Sign-ups (when available) are made online at recreation.seviervilletn.org. Limited private lessons are also available, in winter only. For more information, call 865-453-5441.
Water Aerobics is a cardiovascular exercise that tones, trims and strengthens muscles, improves flexibility and builds endurance without putting stress on the joints. Evening classes are even choreographed to music! Classes are available in the shallow and deep ends of the pool. Fee is $2.25 per class. First time participants can try the class for FREE!
Interested in becoming a lifeguard? This course is the one to take! Participants learn life guarding skills, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid. You must be at least 15 years of age and pass a water skills test before entering the course (treading water, 500 yard swim, and dive to a depth of 10 feet to retrieve a 10 lb. brick). For current class info, call 865-453-5441.
Looking for a memorable way to celebrate your child's next birthday? How about a pool party! Need a fun activity for your church or youth group? For more information or to schedule your party, call 865-453-5441.