SPRING 2019 SWIM LESSONS OFFERED
The City of Sevierville Department of Parks and Recreation will be offering swim lessons
beginning in April 2019. Online registration HERE
will begin on Monday, April 1st at 8:00am and no telephone registrations will be accepted. The fee of $35.00 for six group lessons must be paid at registration. For more information, please call 453-5441.
• No make-up classes will be given unless instructor cancels.
• If the instructor cancels, the instructor has the right to schedule make-up class on any day of week.
• No refunds will be given.
• Group lessons have limited registration. However, under special circumstances, a class may have an additional student.
• Instructors reserve the right to transfer student to correct level if enrolled in wrong level.
• If there are fewer than 4 students enrolled, we reserve the right to cancel or move students to another class. If cancelled, a refund will be given.
• All children not toilet-trained must wear protective clothing.
• An adult (over 18 years of age) must get in water with child in Parent/Tot classes.
• Level 1 and up swim lessons are for ages 4 and up. Parent/Tot classes are designed for 6 months to 3 years old.
• Please call 453-5441 for any schedule changes due to weather.
INSTRUCTOR DAYS DATES TIMES AGE
Parent/Tot: Shalea will not have swim lessons on 5/4 & 5/18 for session listed below
1. Shalea Saturdays 4/13 – 6/1 10:30 – 11:00am 6mth – 3 yrs Level 1 & 2
Please note: Shalea will not have swim lessons on 5/4 & 5/18 for session listed below
2. Shalea Saturdays 4/13-6/1 11:00-11:30am 4 years old & up
Spring Softball Sign-ups
LIFEGUARD COURSE OFFERED AT SEVIERVILLE COMMUNITY CENTER
The Sevierville Parks and Recreation Department will be offering a lifeguard certification course at the Sevierville Community Center. Sign-ups for the class begin on March 6th. The pre-course water skills test will be held on April 10th @ 5pm. The class will be held on the following dates and times:
April 13th 1pm – 6pm
April 14th 8am – 4pm
April 27th 10am – 6pm
April 28th 8am – 4pm
Participants must be at least 15 years old, place in top 10 of a pre-class skills test, and register before attending classes. The course fee is $120.00 which is due after skills test.
For more information, please call 453-5441.
The City of Sevierville Department of Parks and Recreation announces that the City Park Tennis Court lights will be turned-off for the winter season beginning January 2, 2019. The lights will be turned-on in the spring on March 1, 2019.
For additional information, please call the Athletics Office at 865-453-6946.
The City of Sevierville Department of Parks and Recreation is in the process of making improvements and changes at the Dog Park located at City Park. The City of Sevierville Department of Parks and Recreation is in the process of making improvements and changes at the Dog Park located at City Park.
In the large dog area, tree work is needed that will necessitate some short term closures over the next two-three weeks. The closures will be short in duration.
In the small dog area, a dog silhouette has been installed to provide a general guide showing what is considered a small dog. Users will be required to follow the guideline, however the silhouette is only a representation of what constitutes a small dog in most cases. Users will need to consider the guideline and their particular dog to make a decision.
A new third area for shy dogs will be built between the small and large dog areas. This area will be designed for dogs that might not want to be around other dogs while at the dog park.
The shy dog area and the large dog area will include a new covered shelter for dogs and their owners to share. Construction of this third area and the new shelter is scheduled to begin sometime in December.
For additional information, please call 865-453-5441.