SALARY: $44,928 to $48,354 + excellent benefits
OPENING DATE: 10/13/2021 CLOSING DATE: 10/29/21
The essential function of the position within the organization is to provide technical support for the City of Sevierville. The position is responsible for computer software support, web-based support, training and supporting employees, hardware and network support, coordinating special events, and special projects. The position works under general supervision independently developing work methods and sequences.
PRIMARY DUTIES: This list represents the essential tasks performed by this position. Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as required.
- Develops, maintains, and supports computer systems; performs troubleshooting as needed and corrects problems.
- Provides software assistance and support for City employees; provides support for e-mail, passwords, and virus protection.
- Assists in the maintenance of City wireless systems, network systems, SCADA systems, product updates and documentation of systems.
- Produces work aids for various departments, such as Power Point presentations, forms and flyers.
- Assists with planning and coordination of special events, projects, and workshops as directed or required.
- Attends staff and other professional meetings to exchange information; serves on various committees.
Requires Associate’s degree or the equivalent of two years of college or specialized vocational training in computer science, computer programming, or a closely related field. Requires two years of related experience.
Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 50 pounds of force on a regular basis, and sustained keyboard operation.
Please submit application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Computer Technician” to the City of Sevierville, Att: Human Resources, P.O. Box 5500, Sevierville, TN 37864-5500.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.
Learn more about working for the City of Sevierville and full-time employee benefits.