SALARY: $43,620 base pay + excellent benefits
CLOSING DATE: 03/05/2021
This position’s primary duties are:
- Supervises overall coordination of events and all staff during assigned events. Makes sure that patron and staff safety is considered in decisions made about events.
- Becomes completely familiar with terms of the contract for each assignment and compiles all reports and information documents from each event to be placed in the event file to better serve the client during their next event held at the facility. Responds to requests for financial reports and compiles necessary reports associated with duties.
- Confers with the lessee and coordinates all departmental functions within the facility to assure the proper physical setup and requirements of the event are met.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and the Convention Center staff. Meets with the client to check for all last-minute requirements and conducts all pre and post-event meetings with staff and client. Monitors events and costs incurred for events.
- Prepares event cost projections and provides the necessary information to accounting for settlement of all assigned events. Notifies the Sales staff of the space releases in order to resale it and refers to the client’s requests for additional space.
The work schedule will include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must have education or training equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Recreation, Social Studies, or related field. Requires at least 2 years of public assembly facility or full-service hotel industry experience. Education, training, or experience may be substituted for minimum qualifications..
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Event Coordinator” to:
City of Sevierville
Attn: Human Resources
P. O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
Learn more about working for the City of Sevierville and full-time employee benefits.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)