$51,981 base pay - Pay Grade 19
CLOSING DATE: 10/30/2020
The essential function of the position is to oversee the maintenance of the City’s golf courses. The position is responsible for staff supervision, golf course maintenance, planning, training, equipment, construction projects, budget, record maintenance, and reporting.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Supervises staff, including recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and recommending termination.
- Plans and coordinates daily activities and develops and implements long-range plans for the area of responsibility.
- Procures supplies, equipment, and materials necessary for golf course maintenance; prepares and submits purchase orders as needed.
- Performs manual labor such as mowing, spraying pesticides, and setting up the golf course; performs research and experimentation to solve problems and improve the performance of greens.
- Assists with the gathering of fiscal data for preparation of the annual budget; oversees and reviews departmental expenditures.
- Assists with development and implementation of policy and procedures for area of responsibility; interprets policy for staff as needed.
- Sets up and maintains record system; processes daily paperwork including pesticide data, reports, memos, requisitions, and personnel information.
- Gathers and maintains information/data to support periodic and special reports documenting activities for area of responsibility.
- Attends and/or conducts staff and other professional meetings to exchange information; attends in-service training and technical or professional classes, seminars, or conferences to improve technical or professional skills.
Requires education or training equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in botany, agronomy, business management, or a closely related field. Must have a Tennessee Pesticide Applicator License and at least four years of related experience.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Golf Course Superintendent” to the City of Sevierville, Att. Human Resources, P.O. Box 5500, Sevierville, TN 37864-5500.
Learn more about working for the City of Sevierville and full-time employee benefits.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)