SALARY: $58,455 to $66,058
The essential function of the position within the organization is to manage risk exposures within the City’s government. The position is responsible for identifying risk exposures within governmental operations, assessing the potential impact of the risks, evaluating the likelihood of occurrence, and developing appropriate measures to control, limit, and finance the risk exposures. The position develops and implements programs within organizational policies; reports major activities to executive level administrators through conferences and reports.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Identifies and evaluates potential risk exposures within City governmental operations; develops and implements risk control measures in compliance with state and federal regulations and laws.
- Plans administers, and coordinates a comprehensive Risk Management Program; studies safety policy and practices of organization and each department to ensure the adequate scope of policy and practice.
- Oversees healthcare plan structure, benefits, and experience to ensure optimal operations.
- Evaluates the validity of insurance claims and seeks appropriate resolution.
- Leads in management of workman’s compensation claims, ensuring participation of relevant parties and appropriate claim resolution.
- Reviews accident/incident/injury reports and confers with the insurance company to identify ways to prevent recurrences.
- 45Promotes organizational health and well-being through prescribed activity, wellness program, appropriate incentives, positive reinforcement of good practices, and balanced disciplinary actions.
- Utilizes analysis, research, consultation, collaboration, and innovation in seeking improvement of health plan benefits for City employees.
- Monitors and adapts fitness levels of Police and Fire Department personnel in a positive context, based on standards developed through medical and industry research.
- Gathers and maintains information/data to support periodic and special reports documenting activities for area of responsibility.
- Attends staff and other professional meetings to exchange information; attends technical or professional seminars or conferences to improve technical or professional skills.
Requires education or training equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in law, risk management, insurance, business administration, or a closely related field. Requires six years of related experience.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Risk Manager” to:
City of Sevierville
Attn: Human Resources
P. O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
Learn more about working for the City of Sevierville and full-time employee benefits.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)