SALARY: $16.92 an hour; full-time with excellent benefits
OPENING DATE: 12/28/2021 CLOSING DATE: Position open until filled.
The essential function of the position include but are not limited to: operates, maintains and performs minor repairs on precision machinery and equipment; utilizes equipment such as street sweepers, tractors or paving machines, or other work aids to clean or repair sidewalks, ditches, and streets; picks up garbage on a route for residential and business customers; hauls debris such as bushes, rubbish or grass to designated drop site; transports machinery/equipment, supplies and materials to work sites; performs paving and patching of city streets; cleans and assist in making repairs to storm drains and drainage ditches; digs and maintains ditches and trenches with a pick and shovel.
- A high school diploma, GED, or specialized vocational training.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen upon date of hire.
- Must be able to obtain a TN DOT Medical Card within 2 weeks of hire.
- Must be able to obtain TN Class A/57 Commercial Driver’s License within 3 months of hire.
- Requires light to medium work involving standing or walking most of the time, exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a regular basis.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.