Mechanic II- Full-time- $18.66 hourly
SALARY: $18.66 + Excellent benefits package!!
OPENING DATE: 5/8/2023 CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
The essential function of the position within the organization is to repair and maintain City vehicles and/or equipment. The position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment and/or vehicles of responsibility. The position works under Fleet Manager or assigned supervisor supervision: responsible to decide how, when, and where correct diagnosis and effectively completing tasks.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Performs diagnostics and repairing various makes of vehicles and equipment, such as replacing engines/motors, replacing/repairing transmissions, rebuilding all types of liquid pumps, repairing hydraulic systems or heating and air-conditioning units. Familiar with Diagnostic Equipment for diagnosis of reported problems. Diagnostic equipment includes (not limited to): multi laptop computers, desktop computers, printers, electronic charging system testers, Class 5-8 truck “9-pin” systems, On Board (self-contained) OEM computers, Books—schematics and directions, and performs Class 7 & 8 air brake diagnosis and repair.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on various vehicles and equipment such as oil, air, hydraulic, cabin, and transmission filters, engine performance-spark plugs, wires, sensors, connectors, engine oil, and coolant hose.
- Will require tire care and maintenance: proper mounting/dismounting, rim-to-tire match balancing, truck balancing, “glass bead” balancing for class 5-8 trucks proper inflation, match tire to vehicle needs requirements, nitrogen installation, proper storage,
- Test-drives vehicles to locate problem areas and to ensure the proper functioning of vehicles upon completion of maintenance or repair tasks.
- Fills out work orders for completed jobs, including work performed, length of time required to complete tasks, and parts used.
- Responds to calls for assistance from disabled off-site vehicles from Supervisor assignment.
- Participates in cleaning and maintenance of Fleet Services area, shop equipment, and vehicles. Maintains a clean personal work area.
Requires medium to heavy work involving exerting a minimum of 50 pounds of force on a frequent basis, and exceptional dexterity and skill in operating machinery and tools. Will require working in a “confined space” as needed for the actual repair of equipment.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED, and formal training as defined: vocational school education, 1 year of employment in a Fleet Service center or a motor vehicle (car or truck) Dealership for repairs of vehicles. Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Tennessee Commercial Driver’s License.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Mechanic II” to:
City of Sevierville
Att: Human Resources
P.O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
The City is a Drug-Free Workplace, and all applicants are subject to a background check, driving history check, and drug testing in accordance with City policy
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.