SALARY: $69,694 - $98,066 full-time with excellent benefits
OPENING DATE: 11/04/2022 CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
The essential function of the position within the organization is to manage risk exposures within the City’s government. The position is responsible for identifying risk exposures within governmental operations, assessing the potential impact of the risks, evaluating the likelihood of occurrence, and developing appropriate measures to control, limit, and finance the risk exposures. The position develops and implements programs within organizational policies; reports major activities to executive-level administrators through conferences and reports.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Identifies and evaluates potential risk exposures within City governmental operations; develops and implements risk control measures in compliance with state and federal regulations and laws.
- Plans, administers, and coordinates a comprehensive Risk Management Program; including supervision of one or more employees.
- Studies safety policy and practices of the organization within each department to ensure the adequate scope of policy and practice. Responsible for implementing City-wide safety and training protocols designed to maintain OSHA compliance and mitigate risk.
- Participates in team management of healthcare plan structure, benefits, and experience to ensure optimal operations. Utilizes analysis, research, consultation, collaboration, and innovation in seeking improvement of health plan benefits for City employees.
- Leads in the management of workman’s compensation claims, ensuring the participation of relevant parties and appropriate claim resolution.
- Promotes organizational health and well-being through prescribed activity, wellness programming, appropriate incentives, positive reinforcement of good practices, and balanced disciplinary actions.
- Monitors and adapts fitness levels of Police and Fire Department personnel in a positive context, based on standards developed through medical and industry research.
- Evaluates the validity of insurance claims and seek appropriate resolution.
- Reviews accident/incident/injury reports and confers with insurance companies to identify ways to prevent recurrences.
- Gathers and maintains information/data to support periodic and special reports documenting activities for area of responsibility.
- Attends staff and other professional meetings to exchange information; attends technical or professional seminars or conferences to improve technical or professional skills.
Requires education or training equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in law, risk management, insurance, business administration, or a closely related field. Requires six years of related experience and a valid driver's license.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Risk Manager” to City of Sevierville, Attn: Human Resources, P. O. Box 5500, Sevierville, TN 37864-5500.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336 The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.) The City of Sevierville is a Drug-Free Workplace, and all applicants are subject to a background check, driving history check, and drug testing in accordance with City policy.
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.