SALARY RANGE: $57,337- $63,214
The essential function of the position within the organization is to provide planning support for the City’s Development Department. The position is responsible for assisting with planning, zoning, subdivision and general development, site/plan review, customer service, and related records and reports. The position works under general supervision independently developing work methods and sequences.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Reviews site development plans and subdivision plats for conformity to zoning and development ordinances; coordinates review and approval process with other staff members.
- Provides customer service to the Sevierville residential and business communities, including providing information relating to planning/zoning and inspections, and assisting with the resolution of problems, issues, and complaints.
- Maintains the City’s short-term rental processes and permitting.
- Participates in studies for the preparation of amendments to zoning and development ordinances; provides assistance in planning-related activities such as population land use, demographics/census, and economic development programs.
- Participates in updates to the City’s GIS and other related systems; performs data management functions and produces reports.
- Interprets various maps and plans and makes recommendations and determinations accordingly.
- Performs tasks such as preparing and mailing out public notices, data entry, preparing correspondence, filing, faxing, and photocopying.
- Gathers and maintains information/data to support periodic and special reports as required.
- Attends staff and other professional meetings to exchange information; attends technical or professional classes, seminars, or conferences to improve technical or professional skills.
- Completes special projects as directed.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in urban, community or regional planning or a closely related field. Master’s degree preferred. Requires two years of related experience, preferably in a tourism-related or high-growth environment. Requires valid Tennessee Driver’s License.
Please submit application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Planner
” to City of Sevierville, Att: Human Resources, P.O. Box 5500, Sevierville, TN 37864-5500. Applications can be completed online
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
The City is a Drug-Free Workplace, and all applicants are subject to a background check, driving history check, and drug testing in accordance with City policy.
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.