OPENING DATE: 07/11/2022 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
The essential function of the position within the organization is to serve as a coordinator between the Sevierville Water Department and other City departments, developers, contractors, and the general public on policies and procedures pertaining to water and sewer infrastructure. The position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating capital projects and development in the Water Department. The position works independently, reporting to the Water and Sewer Director on major activities through regular meetings.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Provides input in the design and implementation of Sevierville Water Department projects. Coordinates with City staff and/or consultants in the design and construction of these projects.
- Reviews applications for water and sewer taps including pricing and applying appropriate capacity and improvement fees.
- Coordinates with developers and City Field Superintendents for water and sewer extensions; including plan reviews to maintain specification requirements, sizing to maintain the master plan, and layout to ensure maintainability of new systems.
- Coordinates with engineers to plan, create, bid, and complete capital projects.
- Assists with GIS activities to maintain accurate and complete data.
- Assists in planning capital projects and equipment purchases.
- Conducts risk assessments: reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, or related field. Requires valid Tennessee Driver’s License. Requires at least three years of experience in water and sewer utility construction, estimation, and project management.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
The City is a Drug-Free Workplace, and all applicants are subject to a background check, driving history check, and drug testing in accordance with City policy.
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.