OPENING DATE: 07/07/2022 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
This is specialized and technical work in the operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant. This position is responsible for the efficient operation of the water treatment plant on an assigned shift. Work includes making out reports on operations, supplies, and tests. The employee is required to exercise independent judgment in carrying out the duties of the position under the general supervision of the Chief Water Treatment Plant Operator, and work is reviewed based upon results and review of reports.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Analyzes plant and laboratory reports and directs the adjustment of processing methods to improve plant efficiency.
- Regulates rate and flow of water to and from filters; washes filters; generally regulates and replenishes chemical feeders; reads and changes a variety of charts and meters, keeps log sheets and prepares operating reports; maintains proper water pressure and storage levels as required.
- Participates in making repairs to mechanical equipment and reports major breakdowns.
- Maintains the buildings and grounds around the water treatment plant.
- Maintains records of plant operations.
- Performs related work as required.
Requires graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate supplemented by technical or vocational courses relating to the operation of a water treatment plant; or any equivalent combination of experience and training. Requires possession of a valid Tennessee driver’s license. Requires ability to obtain possession of a Class III Water Plant Operators certificate required by the Tennessee Department of Health and Environment within one year of employment. Requires ability to upgrade to a Class IV within a reasonable time frame or as directed by the State of Tennessee. Must have over one year and up to and including two years of related experience.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
The City is a Drug-Free Workplace, and all applicants are subject to a background check, driving history check, and drug testing in accordance with City policy.
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.