Salary: $38,811 + excellent benefits
+ Sevierville Golf Club employees can use the driving range and practice facilities at NO charge.
+ Sevierville Golf Club employees are able to play golf for FREE based on availability.
+ Food and Golf Shop merchandise discounts.
The essential function of the position within the organization is to assist in managing activities and functions related to the golf operation at the golf course. While working under the direction of the Head Golf Professional, this position performs any administrative and management duties necessary in the daily operation of the golf club and any other assigned activities. The position is responsible for the supervision of golf shop staff and outside guest services, providing customer service, planning of golf promotions, reporting building and equipment maintenance needs. The position works under direct supervision according to set procedures.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Supervises staff including establishing staffing standards, organizing, selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and recommending termination; directly supervises staff of outside guest services area.
- Interacts with and provides customer service to golf patrons to ensure an ‘overall excellent experience;’ resolves problems/complaints as required.
- Assists with developing and overseeing the golf instruction and golfer development programs for all customer segments.
- Collaborates with senior management to develop long-range plans, such as attracting/creating special events, expanding existing programs, or developing new programs; prioritizes improvement projects.
- Assists with developing, presenting, and defending budget requirements for division; collaborates on the development of capital budgets; oversees and approves division expenditures.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures in consultation with senior management to ensure efficient and economical departmental operations; ensures promulgation of policies and procedures to all staff levels, and evaluates results to ensure compliance and identify deficiencies.
- Assists in developing and implementing a business plan and marketing programs; interacts with community businesses and organizations to provide information and assistance and to promote special events/projects.
- Assists in developing sales goals and forecasts for all golf programs, services, and promotions; monitors and analyzes reports.
- Plans and organizes daily activities to promote the golf course including conducting golf tournaments, clinics, and special events for areas of responsibility.
- Interacts with personnel in other City departments to coordinate various departmental efforts and events.
- Conducts administrative matters such as conducting special studies, preparing routine or special reports, approving and writing bid specifications, developing and administering training, or providing for staff technical or professional growth.
- Performs periodic inspections of golf course buildings and equipment for the area of responsibility and delegates required maintenance or repair tasks.
- Gathers and maintains information/data to support periodic and special reports documenting activities for area of responsibility.
- Attends and/or conducts staff and other professional meetings to exchange information; attends in-service training and technical or professional classes or seminars to improve technical or professional skills subject to budget and time restraints.
Requires Associate’s degree or the equivalent of two years of college or specialized vocational training in business management, public administration, or a closely related field. Class ‘A’ Member of the Professional Golfer’s Association of America preferred; Attainment of Class ‘A’ Membership by a certain date, dependent upon current status will be required. Requires two years of related experience.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)