OPENING DATE: 07/07/2022 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
This is specialized and technical work in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater plant. The employee is responsible for the efficient operation of chemical feeders, filters, pumps, electric motors, and other wastewater treatment plant equipment. Assignments are received in the form of oral and written work orders received and based on standard operating procedures. Work is reviewed by inspection and observation by the Chief Operator.
- Operates a wastewater treatment facility requiring the use of mechanical tools, laboratory and testing equipment, specialized pumps, motors, etc.
- Operates a truck, mower, hand tools, and other equipment.
- Operates and regulates treatment plant equipment so that the effluent meets quality standards established by State and Federal regulations.
- Takes samples of raw sewage and finished effluent, making laboratory analysis of these samples in order to make adjustments to treatment processes to ensure efficient operation of the plant.
- Keeps records of laboratory analysis as required by the State.
- Repairs, services, and maintains pumps, motors, and associated equipment employed in the treatment process.
- Assists with the installation of new pumps and related equipment.
- Operates power tools utilized in maintaining and repairing equipment utilized in the treatment process.
- Assists in the maintenance of pump and lift stations and the collection system.
- Performs grounds maintenance at the treatment plant site.
- Performs related work as required.
- Works both indoors and outdoors and may be exposed to machinery with moving parts, noise, fumes, and chemicals, extreme conditions of weather, heavy lifting, etc.
Graduate from high school or GED, supplemented by specialized technical training in the operation and maintenance of electrical and mechanical equipment related to the operation of a wastewater treatment plant; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Requires a valid Tennessee driver’s license. Must obtain a Grade lll Wastewater Operators Certificate issued by the State of Tennessee within (3) three years of employment. Over (1) one year and up to and including two years of related work experience.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
The City is a Drug-Free Workplace, and all applicants are subject to a background check, driving history check, and drug testing in accordance with City policy.
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.