SALARY: $16.92 an hour
OPENING DATE: 11/21/2022 CLOSING DATE: Open until position filled
The essential function of the position within the organization is to provide specialized and complex clerical support. The position is responsible for performing complex clerical tasks for the Sevierville Convention Center.
- Answers multi-line telephone, provides routine information, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or takes and relays the message.
- Serves as receptionist greets visitors, and establishes the purpose of visit. Provides routine information or directs visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Processes incoming faxes and distributes them to appropriate personnel.
- Performs routine clerical tasks such as data entry, filing, faxing, or photocopying.
- Organize, update, and maintain files, email event schedules to local business list, attach files in the scheduling program, create sales files, update the website, Auto Attendant, and Facebook.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED, and the equivalent of one year of college or specialized vocational training in computer technology, secretarial skills, business management, or a closely related field and two years of related experience.
Hours may vary but will remain between 8 AM-5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Office Specialist” to:
City of Sevierville
Attn: Human Resources
P. O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
For the benefits of being a part-time employee of the City of Sevierville:
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
The City is a Drug-Free Workplace, and all applicants are subject to a background check, driving history check, and drug testing in accordance with City policy.