SALARY: $31,286 full-time, pay grade 9
OPENING DATE: 11/05/2019 CLOSING DATE: 11/15/2019 at 5:00 p.m.
This position’s primary duties are:
• Prepares and types correspondence, memoranda, documents, bids, reports, spreadsheets, e-mails, or other materials observing strict confidentiality; performs research as required.
• Performs accounting tasks such as preparing and processing payroll documentation, processing purchase orders, tracking expenditures, preparing travel advances, or managing petty cash or other funds of responsibility.
• Screens telephone calls and visitors; provides routine and sensitive information, resolves problems/complaints, or routes persons to appropriate department/personnel.
• Assists supervisor with operations of the department as directed; responds to departmental policy and procedures information requests.
• Organizes, updates, and maintains files, books, records, and other department informational documents of responsibility; provides database updates as required.
• Serves as liaison and coordinator for the department; communicates with other departments, agencies, institutions, organizations, or individuals regarding departmental matters.
• Performs routine office tasks such as data entry, processing mail, maintaining an inventory of supplies, filing, faxing, or photocopying.
• Gathers and maintains information/data to support periodic and special reports for the area of responsibility; makes copies and distributes to appropriate personnel/departments.
• Prepares and/or attends staff and other professional meetings to exchange information and/or to take minutes; transcribes minutes and distributes to appropriate personnel; prepares agendas and packets for meetings as required.
This position requires an associate degree or the equivalent of two years of college or specialized vocational training in computer technology, business management, or a closely related field. Requires one year of related experience.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Administrative Assistant” to:
City of Sevierville
Att: Human Resources
P.O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state-sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.