SALARY: $29,806 + excellent benefits package and employee golf privileges
The essential function of the position within the organization is to perform chemical applications on golf course properties under the supervision of the golf course Superintendent and/or Assistant Superintendent. Responsible for reading, understanding and keeping current with material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Performs all spraying duties as direct by the Superintendent or the Assistant Superintendent.
- Performs regular golf course maintenance duties when not occupied with spraying or fertilizing.
- Checks regularly the course for pest and nutrition-related problems and reporting all findings to the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent.
- Prepares routine and special reports of all operations, which includes application rates, spraying settings, weather conditions, pest symptoms and quantities of materials used.
- Keeps an up-to-date and accurate inventory of all pesticides and fertilizers and reporting any shortfall to the Superintendent and/or Assist. Superintendent.
- Organizes and maintains fertilizer and pesticide storage building.
- Regularly calibrates fertilizer and chemical applicators.
Requires high school diploma or GED, and an Associate degree in Golf Course & Turfgrass Management. Must obtain the TN Department of Agriculture category 03 pesticide applicator certification within 6 months from the date of hire. A minimum of 2 years of golf course maintenance experience is required. Must have a strong background in disease identification, insect technology, weed identification, and nutrient deficiencies as they apply to turf-grass maintenance.
• Sevierville Golf Club employees have the opportunity to use the driving range and practice facilities at no charge.
• Sevierville Golf Club employees also are able to play golf for free based on availability.
• Food and Golf Shop merchandise discounts.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Spray Technician” to the City of Sevierville, Att: Human Resources, P.O. Box 5500, Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
Learn more about working for the City of Sevierville and full-time employee benefits.
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)