STARTING SALARY: $65,041 to $71,708 SALARY RANGE: $65,041 TO $91,519
The essential function of the position within the organization is to manage operations of the Finance-Accounting Department in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The position is responsible for staff supervision, planning, training, general ledger, reconciliations, accounts receivable, utility billing, cash disbursements, payroll, financial analysis, financial reporting, regulatory compliance, and policy development. The position works independently, reporting major activities through periodic meetings.
This position requires education or training equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field; requires Certified Public Accountant designation and active license. TN CMFO designation required within three years of employment. Requires four years of related experience.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Supervises staff, including recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and recommending termination; ensures compliance by staff with generally accepted accounting principles in completion of all tasks.
- Meets with CFO/City Recorder to discuss departmental issues.
- Organizes, plans and directs activities of the accounting staff, ensures cross adequate training and cross-training of all functions, improves processes to accommodate growth.
- Performs accounting functions such as general ledger entries, bank and statement reconciliations. journal entry approval, depreciation calculation, tax equivalent calculation.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GASB standards, City ordinances and State of Tennessee regulations.
- Reviews financial reports including trial balance, aging reports, and income statements to check for reasonable and accurate transactions. Performs month-end and fiscal year-end operations for all funds; gathers and maintains data/information to prepare periodic and special reports.
- Serves as liaison for the Finance Department; provides fiscal information and assistance to auditors, City employees and other organizations, and provides assistance with financial software.
- Attends or conducts staff and other professional meetings to exchange information; attends technical or professional classes, seminars, or conferences to improve technical or professional skills.
- Performs general management and/or research duties for the CFO as assigned.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “CPA/Accounting Manager” to:
City of Sevierville
Att: Human Resources
P.O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500