SALARY: $27,551 full-time with excellent benefits
OPENING DATE: 09/27/2018
CLOSING DATE: open until filled
This position will be responsible for assigned tasks and equipment. Primary duties are:
- Operates and maintains Solid Waste equipment to include, but not limited to garbage trucks and knuckleboom trucks on a route for residential and/or business customers.
- Hauls debris such as bushes, rubbish, or grass to designated drop site,
- Delivers, picks up, and empties demolition and recycling roll-offs.
- Operates, maintains, and performs minor repairs on machinery and equipment.
- Completes work orders and other required documentation.
- Performs special assignments as directed.
- Trims trees, cuts grass, and performs other manual ground maintenance tasks.
- Works special events, overtime and holidays as assigned.
This position requires a high school diploma, GED or specialized vocational training, and the ability to acquire a Class B TN Commercial Driver’s License within 3 months. This position requires medium to heavy work involving standing or walking most of the time, stooping, lifting, digging, pushing, raising objects exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
Please submit application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Equipment Operator” to:
City of Sevierville
Att: Human Resources
P.O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.