SALARY: $11.22 an hour – Part-time (25 to 29 hours a week)
This position will be responsible for any assigned tasks, equipment and vehicles to Class 8. Primary duties are:
Performs Tire repair and replacement: installs tire sizes 13 inches to 22.5-inch rim diameter, patches, plugs, tire tubes, mounting, balancing, valve stems, uses mechanical machines for changing and balancing, matching and setting TPMS systems, torquing wheels, tractor tires to 38inch rim diameter
- Performs scheduled preventive inspections and maintenance on vehicles or equipment such as changing oil, air, hydraulic and air cabin filters, rotating tires, undercar vehicle chassis inspection per list of items, wash and clean vehicles-in and outside,
- Test-drives vehicles to locate problem areas and to ensure proper functioning of vehicles upon completion of maintenance or repair tasks.
- Performs all types of shop clean up, trash disposal, sweeping, mopping and operating a ride-on floor cleaner.
- Fills out work orders for completed jobs, including work performed, length of time required to complete tasks, and parts used.
- Responds to calls for assistance from disabled off-site vehicles: example-tires, batteries, leaks, but not limited too.
- Participates in unloading, lifting, pushing pulling as needed for equipment and vehicles.
Requires high school diploma or GED, and the equivalent of one year of college or specialized vocational training in automotive repair or a closely related field. Requires at least one year of related experience and a valid Tennessee Commercial Driver’s License. Requires medium to heavy work involving exerting up to +/- 50 pounds of force on a frequent basis, and exceptional dexterity and skill in operating machinery and tools.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “Mechanic I” to:
City of Sevierville
Att: Human Resources
P.O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336 The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.