Starting Salary: $38,200
Superior Benefits & Retirement Plan
Individually-assigned “Take Home” Vehicle*
We are looking for people who:
- Treat all people equally
- Work effectively with groups and individuals
- Exercise good judgment under stress
- React quickly and calmly in emergency situations
- Represent the community in a professional manner
- Work individually or as a team member
- Have high sense of ethics and are self-motivated
- Are dedicated and hard working
- Have a good attitude and want to contribute to great community and organization
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Be in excellent Physical Condition.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Have an excellent moral character.
- Be a citizen of the United States or permanent legal resident who is honorably discharged veteran of the U.S. Armed forces.
- Not have been released or discharged under anything other than an honorable discharge from any armed forces of the United States.
- Not have been convicted of, or plead guilty to, or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to use of force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substances.
Qualified candidates must successfully complete the following:
- Written examination and timed physical agility test.
- Assessment center composed of officers and other city personnel.
- A comprehensive background check, including but not limited to criminal, financial, and personal history.
- Administrative panel interview.
- Post-employment drug screen, psychological evaluation and medical examination (at no cost to the candidate).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Sevierville Police Officers enforce state and local laws and ordinances, maintain order, and respond to emergencies. Job tasks include but are not limited to: identifying and apprehending offenders; custodial or non-custodial arrests; use of non-lethal and/or lethal force; foot or vehicular pursuit; interview and interrogation; locating witnesses; seizing contraband; vehicle registration checks; warrant checks; surveillance; searches of persons or places; attending court and testifying as required; and preparing written reports of activities. Officers are typically assigned to patrol a zone by car, bike, or on foot. Officers make routine checks of public, business and residential areas to look for hazardous or unusual conditions and criminal activity. These may include, but are not limited to: assisting injured, elderly or disabled persons; administering first aid; traffic direction & control; investigating suspicious persons or vehicles; and securing accident, crime and disaster scenes.
Starting salary is $38,200 with a reasonable path for salary growth for those employees that meet performance standards relevant to their job. Progression Steps are designed to recognize new employees who are making acceptable progress towards full competency in their job performance. On their anniversary dates, employees judged to be making satisfactory progress will receive a half-step increase beginning the first pay period after the progress step is awarded. No increases are guaranteed, but rather the result of continued improvement in one’s job performance.
How to Apply:
Written and Physical Testing Date(s): Applicants will be notified by email on testing dates and times.
Learn more about working for the City of Sevierville and full-time employee benefits.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in Federal or State sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d).