SALARY: $33,489 full-time – Pay Grade 11
OPENING DATE: 10/08/2018 CLOSING DATE: 10/17/2018 at 5:00 p.m.
This position’s primary duties are:
- Operates a wastewater treatment facility requiring the use of mechanical tools, laboratory and testing equipment, and specialized pumps, motors, etc.
- Must have the ability to understand the Standard Methods of Examination of Water and Wastewater.
- Performs laboratory sampling and testing, including Chlorine Residuals, PH, Dissolved Oxygen, Biochemical Oxygen Demand, Settable Solids, Volatile Solids, Ammonia Nitrogen, Total Suspended Solids.
- Performs sampling and coordinates delivery to independent laboratories for analysis.
- Mixes reagents from dry and wet chemical for performing tests.
- Makes chlorine demand adjustments, performs and records fecal coliform test results.
- Maintains laboratory and test equipment in proper operating condition.
- Gather and log daily weather information pertinent to the WWTP.
- Operates and regulates treatment plant equipment so that the effluent meets quality standards established by State and Federal regulations.
- Takes samples of raw sewage and finished effluent, making laboratory analysis of these samples to make adjustments to treatment processes to ensure efficient operation of the plant.
- Keeps records of laboratory analysis as required by the State.
- Performs related work as required.
- Works both indoors and outdoors and may be exposed to machinery with moving parts, noise, fumes, and chemicals, extreme conditions of weather, etc.
Requires graduation from high school or possession of a GED certificate supplemented by college-level work in chemistry, biology; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Requires possession of a valid Tennessee driver’s license. Requires ability to obtain possession of a Class III Wastewater Operators certificate required by the Tennessee Department of Health and Environment within three years of employment. Must have over one year and up to and including two years of related experience.
Please submit an application and/or resume in an envelope marked “WWTP Lab Operator” to:
City of Sevierville
Att: Human Resources
P.O. Box 5500
Sevierville, TN 37864-5500
The City of Sevierville is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or handicap in its programs or activities pursuant to Public Law 93-112 or 101-336
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d.)
NOTE: Only applicants who provide a valid e-mail address will be notified when the position has been filled.