THE CITY OF SEVIERVILLE IS SEEKING QUALIFIED WOMEN AND MEN FOR THE POSITION OF RESERVE POLICE OFFICER
Excellent Training Program An Internationally “Accredited Agency”
Reserve Officers are required an average of 16 hours/month, duties paid at a rate of $18.37/hr.
- Treat all people equally?
- Work effectively with groups and individuals?
- Exercise good judgment under stress?
- React quickly and calmly in emergency situations?
- Represent the community in a professional manner?
- Work individually or as a team member?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be in excellent Physical Condition
- Have a valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Have an excellent moral character.
- Not have been released or discharged under anything other than an honorable discharge from any armed forces of the United States.
- Not have been convicted of, or plead guilty to, or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to the use of force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substances.
Qualified candidates must successfully complete the following:
- Written examination and timed physical agility test.
- Assessment center composed of officers and other city personnel.
- A comprehensive background check, including but not limited to criminal, financial, and personal history.
- Administrative panel interview.
- Post-employment drug screen, psychological evaluation and medical examination (at no cost to candidate).
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is primarily a volunteer position, with some paid duties. Sevierville Reserve Police Officers enforce state and local laws and ordinances through arrest, citation or warning. Reserve Officers are generally assigned to assist with special events and patrol with another Officer to make routine checks of public, business and residential areas, looking for hazardous or unusual conditions requiring police action or assistance. This may include, but is not limited to: assisting injured, elderly or disabled persons; administering first aid; traffic direction and control; investigating suspicious persons or vehicles; and securing accident, crime and disaster scenes, identifying and apprehending offenders; custodial or non-custodial arrest; use of non-lethal and/or lethal force; foot or vehicular pursuit; interviewing and interrogation; locating witnesses; seizing contraband; vehicle registration checks; warrant checks; surveillance; searches of persons or places; attending court and testifying as required; and preparing written reports on assigned tasks as necessary. Reserve Officers are required an average of 16 hours/month, duties paid at a rate of $18.37/hr.
How to Apply:
Written and Physical Testing Date(s):
Applicants will be notified by email on testing dates and times.
The City of Sevierville does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in Federal or
State sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d).