City of Sevierville - Logo

Candle with Care

Overview: Candles may be pretty to look at, but they are a cause of home fires — and home fire deaths.

Remember, a candle is an open flame, which means that it can easily ignite anything that can burn. Roughly one-third of home candle fires started in the bedroom. Between 2011 and 2016 in Tennessee, candle fires caused an average of 79 structure fires per year, over $2.4 million of property and contents loss per year, and a total of 12 civilian deaths.

Contact Us

Fire Code Enforcement
120 Gary Wade Blvd.
Sevierville, TN 37862
Fax 865.453.5518

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm

Fire Marshal JC Green
Office 865.868.1709