City of Sevierville - Logo

Outdoor Burning

Open Burning Permit  A permit is required for open burning in accordance with Section 7-102 of the Sevierville Municipal Code. All open burning sites must be inspected prior to burning. Permits are granted with the conditions as listed. Permits are available Monday through Friday between 8-5. 

Read more: Outdoor Burning

Medical Oxygen & Fire

Portable medical oxygen in the home has grown over the past decade. Medical oxygen adds a higher percentage of oxygen to the air a patient uses to breath. Fire needs oxygen to burn. If a fire should start in an oxygen-enriched area, the material burning will burn more quickly. Homes where medical oxygen is used need specific fire safety rules to keep people safe from fire and burns.

Read more: Medical Oxygen & Fire

High-rise Apartment & Condominium Safety

People living in a high-rise apartment or condominium building need to think ahead and be prepared in the event of a fire. It is important to know the fire safety features in your building and work together
with neighbors to help keep the building as fire-safe as possible.

Read more: High-rise Apartment &...

Smoke Alarms: Change your Clock, Change your Battery/9 volt battery safety

The State Fire Marshal’s Office wants all Tennesseans to have working smoke alarms in their homes. Through the “Get Alarmed” program, the SFMO aims to supply local fire departments with 10-year battery smoke alarms to install for members of their community. See supplemental information section for more details.

Read more: Smoke Alarms: Change your...

Candle with Care

Candles may be pretty to look at but they are a cause of home fires - and home fire deaths. Remember, a candle is an open flame, which means that it can easily igniteanything that can burn. Roughly one-third of home candle fires started in the bedroom.

More than half of all candle fires start when things that can burn are too close to the candle.

Read more: Candle with Care

Kitchen Grease Fire Safety

Stand by your pan!
How often has the doorbell rung or a child interrupted you while you were cooking, causing you to forget about the chicken you left sizzling on the stove - until smoke filled the house?

This is an all too often occurrence here in Tennessee and nationwide. Cooking is the leading cause of home fires according to the NFPA, and unattended cooking is the culprit in the majority of those incidents.

Read more: Kitchen Grease Fire Safety

Contact Us

Fire Code Enforcement
120 Gary Wade Blvd.
Sevierville, TN 37862
Fax 865.453.5518

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm

Fire Marshal JC Green
Office 865.868.1709